We are a team of compassionate, experienced
When your pet is a patient with us, you join a special family of pet expert professionals! We are all here to play a unique and special role in caring for your pet and to help you do the best you can for them!!
Our doctors have a strong, ever-growing knowledge base, easy communication style and a true desire to serve and care for our clients and their pets. Our veterinarians are carefully hand-picked and we know you will agree, that they are truly special!
Your team includes:
- A Veterinarian is your veterinary physician. They are licensed to practice medicine, surgery and dentistry on your pet. Here at Northwest Veterinary Associates, our veterinarians have a standard of excellence that demands integrity and upholds the highest quality/level of care in a framework of compassion for your pet as well as for you, our client. They are able to help guide you so that you ultimately feel educated, involved in the decision-making process and secure in knowing you have been given all information needed to make decision that you feel comfortable with.
Veterinary Licensed Technicians
- A Veterinary Technician is a person that has successfully completed the required examination by the state veterinary board after completing either 1) an approved program/school for veterinary technicians, or 2.) has had over 5 years of experience prior to July 15, 2015. Here at Northwest Veterinary Associates, the veterinary technician’s primary responsibility is to work hand in hand with the veterinarian to ensure excellence in the care of your pet. They act as an advocate for your pet as well as ensuring that they are treated with respect, dignity, and compassion. The technician helps provide more advanced treatments, procedures, and diagnostics as directed by a veterinarian in a safe, positive, patient environment.
- The doctor assistant’s primary responsibility is to work hand in hand with a veterinarian and other assistants/technicians to ensure excellence in the care of your pets. They, like technicians, act as an advocate for the pet as well as ensuring that they are treated with respect, dignity, compassion and patience while assuring safety for all those present. The assistant helps with treatments, therapeutics, handling and sample collection for diagnostic testing.
- The Animal Care position plays a key role in maintaining our high standard of care for our patients. They are responsible for helping our doctors, and team of support staff keep our patients comfortable and clean. They also maintain the cleanliness of the facility inside and out!
Client Relations Staff
- The Client Relation’s main purpose is to care for our clients in person, on the phone and online. They are the communication hub of the facility. They collect relevant information/data from you, the pet owners, get you to the right person to answer your questions, and schedule appointments. They do all this and more with a smile while providing a positive, warm experience. People in this position care for you and your pets.
Pharmacy Medical Clerk
- Veterinary medication clerk is a person who has satisfactorily completed a board-approved training program developed in consultation with the pharmacy quality assurance commission and designed to prepare people help with the dispensing of medication associated with the practice of veterinary medicine.
- At Northwest Veterinary Associates, only the individuals that have completed this program can assist in the dispensing of drugs for your pet. This helps to assure that medications are accurate and provides the greatest safety.
- The out-patient assistant is a veterinary assistant that is primarily responsible for working hand in hand with a veterinarian in outpatient clinics to ensure excellence in the care of your pet. They act as an advocate for the pet as well as ensuring that the pet is treated with respect, dignity, compassion and patience while assuring safety for all those present. The assistant is a resource for information regarding your pet’s wellness, preventative medicine, clinic services, and general care.
- They are the ones that you will be working with when you come in for an appointment with your pet. They obtain history at the time of an exam and will help review the treatment plan that has been created by the doctor. They will also often act as the contact person for follow up care and for phone communication.
Veterinary Specialists in Radiology, Cardiology and Surgery when needed
- Here at Northwest Veterinary Associates, we have the ability to bring in specially trained and boarded veterinarians in specific fields into the practice for more specialized care
- Radiology: A Boarded specialist in radiology reviews every x-ray that is taken. This assures that each x-ray gets the most thorough evaluation to have the greatest certainty for diagnosis. The radiologist is also available for ultrasounds here at each facility.
- Cardiology: A Boarded specialist in cardiology is available to perform echocardiograms (heart ultrasound) and consultations on heart conditions. This is scheduled here at one of our facilities
- Surgery: A Boarded specialist in surgery is available to perform more complex surgical procedures such as TPLO, thoracic surgeries, as well as many others. Our veterinarians will be able to help guide you in knowing when this is necessary.
Other specialist referral
We offer referral to veterinarians specialized in multiple different areas when needed. Our veterinarians will be able to help guide you to the right people to help you with your pet.
- Internal medicine
- Imaging: MRI, CT scan
- Alternative therapies
You and your pets are in excellent hands. There is not a group more dedicated, compassionate and caring in our opinion-and we are proud of what we do!